The Accent on Canadian English Pronunciation Assessment Kit ™ (ACE PAK) is a comprehensive and one of a kind tool for evaluating Canadian English pronunciation.
Assessment results are used to:
- Identify specific pronunciation patterns for each client.
- Assist clients in selecting personal pronunciation goals.
- Establish a baseline to objectively measure progress with pronunciation.
- Establish a baseline for self- perception of communication skills.
- Establish a baseline for comprehensibility by others.
- Customize pronunciation training based on individual or group needs.
The ACE PAK™ includes:
- ACE Assessment Overview (guidelines for administration & scoring)
- ACE Stimulus Manual (pictures & cards)
- Word Analysis Form
- Response Booklet (consonant, vowel and stress & intonation analyses)
- Comprehensibility Rating Scale
- Client Questionnaire (pre & post)
- Pronunciation Goals Summary Form
All forms are reproducible.
The comprehensive ACE PAK™ incorporates three measures to evaluate Canadian English pronunciation:
- Objective measure of accuracy for sounds and stress and intonation patterns. Score obtained pre and post out of 200 points to measure progress.
- Self-perception measured with client questionnaires pre and post training.
- A comprehensibility rating scale is used pre and post as a subjective measure of how easily the client is understood.